PLEASE HAVE YOUR CHILD LEAVE THEIR PERSONAL BASKETBALLS AT HOME. AYB PROVIDES BASKETBALLS FOR ALL PRACTICES AND GAMES.
Tips for Parents
Parents, during the course of your child participating in our program, please keep the following in mind :
1. Basketball is a great sport that requires teamwork
2. Your child’s coach is dedicated to teaching them how to play basketball properly, and this takes time, so please be patient. Your child's coach is using a league issued substitution grid for all games to ensure play time for all is managed. An example of the grid can be found under documents on the home page.
3. Don’t take youth sports too seriously – it exists for our children to learn to play the sport and enjoy the competitive nature while learning to get along with others. Even if your child is not a naturally gifted athlete (few are), they can still learn to play the sport well and enjoy it into adulthood.
4. Do take encouraging your child to have a positive attitude and being a good teammate very seriously. Also, make sure your child arrives on time to practice and always be at games 30 minutes before each game.
5. We are always looking for qualified people to coach our teams. If you did not sign up to coach, you have forfeited your right to micro manage from the sidelines. Please keep all remarks during games and practices to the following phrases :
- Good Effort!
- Great Job!
- Nice Hustle!
6. All referees do the best job they can. No referee is perfect and calls may be missed. As stated in our code of conduct, please refrain from commenting to our game referees during play. This is distracting and not the example we as a league want to show our players and referees.
Thank you and we look forward to a great season.